Africa has more than 790 commercial banks that guarantee the safety of your money .
Out of a total of 17 commercial banks in Cameroon, many are foreign-owned . They have branches in all major African cities, and provide a wide range of banking services.
Everyday payment transactions are, with few exceptions, made in dollars, or in FCFA francs, and various types of credit cards can be used ( Visa , MasterCard , Diners , American Express ) .
All major foreign currencies can be freely bought and sold in bureaux de change throughout the country, a great incentive to use the electronic money are the various innovations that mainly concern digital banking (to be considered that 40 per cent of Africans use digital media for payments):
Expatriates may have a foreign currency account, either in the country or abroad.
List of major banks (CAMEROON)
Address: Place de l'Indépendance B.P. 11834 Yaounde TEL: 220.127.116.11
Website - Note: One of the largest banks in the country in terms of number of transactions and account holders.
- BICEC - Banque International du Cameroun pour l'Epargne et le Crédit
Address: Avenue Vogt BP. 5, Yaounde
96, Rue Flatters BP 4571 Douala
Tel. 33424272, 33424074
Address: Hotel de Ville, Yaounde
- Societe Generale
YAOUNDE- Siege HOTEL DE VILLE
Tel : (237) 22 21 11 66
Fax: (237) 22 21 11 57
List of Commercial Banks in Cameroon (Central Africa)
- Atlantic Bank Cameroon
- Bank Rani Cameroun
- Banque Camerounaise des Petites et moyennes Entreprises (BC-PME SA)
- BGFI Bank Cameroon
- Commercial Bank of Cameroon
- National Financial Credit Bank (NFCB)
- Société de Banque Commerciale du Cameroun - (formerly SCB Credit Agricole )
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Union Bank of Cameroon (UBC)
- United Bank for Africa (UBA)
- Attijari Securities Central Africa (ASCA)
Other links to Banks and institutions in Cameroon (Central Africa)
- Website of the Central Bank of Central African States (French)
- The addresses of some commercial banks in Cameroon
- Many new banks Entry Cameroon